1 lb of sweet Italian sausage
3/4 lb of turkey burger (breast meat)
1/2 cup of chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup of fresh tomatoes, crushed
6 oz of tomato paste
1/2 cup of water
1 1/2 teaspoons of dried basil
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
3/4 lb of cottage cheese (low-fat)
2-3 zucchinis, sliced horizontally, less than 1/4 inch (like a lasagna noodle)
1/2 cup of fat free mozzarella
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Take sliced zucchini “noodles” and place in a microwave safe dish and cook until just fork tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Cook sausage, turkey, onion and garlic until no pink shows.
- Add crushed tomatoes, paste and water.
- Add basil and Italian seasoning.
- Heat through.
- Spoon a thin layer of the tomato/meat mixture in the bottom of your 9 x 13 pan.
- Then place a layer of zucchini, layer of cottage cheese and repeat until ingredients are used up.
- Top with fat-free mozzarella.
- Bake in oven until cheese melts and is warm and bubbly!
Click here for more recipes!
Click to view Recipe Analyzer
Click here to download a Food Log to make your life easier. (This is an Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. You can right-click on the link and select Save Target As… or just click to view the document.)
Check out www.caloriecount.about.com. It’s a great resource for online food journals and activity logs. See how many calories you consume and burn off each day!
Check out this website to see why you should not drink diet soda!
Top 5 Ways to NOT Gain 5lbs
- Weigh yourself weekly.
- Do a cardio workout before or after a “cheat meal” to burn extra calories.
- Eat 5 meals daily – just make sure that each meal is a small portion (one plate only)
- Stay consistent with your workout routine.
- Try new recipes for desserts that create healthier choices.