1 lb of boneless skinless chicken
2 1/2 cups of frozen mixed veggies (green beans, carrots, peas)
1/2 cup of celery diced
3 teaspoons of I can’t believe it’s not butter
Onion powder as desired
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1 3/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth
2/3 cup of coconut milk
2 – 9 inch unbaked whole wheat pie crust
1) Preheat oven to 425
2) Mixed veggies, celery in a sauce pan. Cover with water
3) Cook chicken in oven 35 minutes and chop
4) Add flour, pepper, slowly stir chicken broth and coconut milk. Simmer over medium heat until thick. Approx 5 mins.
5) Pour the liquid mixture in
6) Place chopped chicken with mixed veggies/celery in bottom of crust pan. Cover with top crust, make edges sealed and cut excess dough
7) Place in over for 30-35 minutes
Click here to download a Food Log to make your life easier. (This is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. You can right-click on the link and select Save Target As… or just click to view the document.)
Check out www.caloriecount.about.com. It’s a great resource for online food journals and activity logs. See how many calories you consume and burn off each day!
Check out this website to see why you should not drink diet soda!